- About Us
- Resource Center
Virtualization Solutions - NJVC
NJVC provides Virtualization solutions to enable clients to remotely manage servers and computers. This allows our clients to concentrate on what’s important: their missions.
We have extensive experience operating in virtualized environments, including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V, allowing clients to maximize their investments in server hardware by consolidating multiple server roles as separate virtual machines and operating different operating systems in parallel on a single server. Virtualization is a growing trend in information technology management, providing increased efficiencies by sharing and allocating computer processing power and centralizing administrative tasks while improving scalability and workloads.
Using Virtualization for our intelligence, defense and civil agency and commercial clients, NJVC is able provide efficient, centralized management of geographically distributed computer systems running various operating systems. An NJVC technician sitting at a computer in one location is able to take advantage of client-server architecture to manage, administer, troubleshoot and even upgrade PCs in other locations. The client’s PC may use an entirely different hardware architecture than that used by the central administrator and may also be based upon an entirely different operating system. The administrator can see the user’s computer on his screen, while the client may be unaware that her computer is being managed remotely. Similarly, networks can use Virtualization to share central resources, making hardware or software assets available to everyone connected to the network—in a safe, secure, centrally administered environment. Examples of NJVC’s Virtualization success stories include:
- Using VMWare’s vCenter Server to manage virtual machines
- Consolidating vCenter servers to operate virtual machines in multiple environments from a single screen
- Running VMware on top of Linux so that any operating system can be used as needed on any virtual machine
- Running the Microsoft SharePoint collaborative suite in a virtual environment with centralized management, allowing clients to externally track “e-quests”
- Using Virtualization to upgrade a Microsoft Exchange environment on multiple machines from a central management point
The sharing of resources through Virtualization cuts down drastically on the need for specialized computer system management and technical support, encouraging more remote administration of servers, networks and desktops. NJVC’s long and varied experience with Virtualization makes it a leader in providing this service to the company’s defense and intelligence clients.