VIENNA, Va., March 22, 2012 — NJVC®, one of the largest information technology (IT) solutions providers supporting theU.S. Department of Defense (DoD), is pleased to announce that Kevin L. Jackson, vice president and general manager, cloud services, is among the experts invited to participate in the panel, “Optimizing Control and Security in Your Cloud,” during the FOSE Conference and Exposition, April 3 – 5, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington.
During this informative FOSE session, attendees will learn about the benefits and how to manage the risks of cloud computing—from both the IT security and government contracting angles. The top-tier panelists will provide their insight on how to properly identify and address any cloud-related security concerns in an IT architecture. Attendees will walk away with newfound knowledge on the following:
- Why it is essential to clearly define an agency’s requirements when entering cloud computing contracts
- How to securely blend an agency’s existing IT infrastructure into a cloud framework
- Lessons learned from a successful cloud implementation between the DoD and a global commercial IT company
Event: “Optimizing Control and Security in Your Cloud,” FOSE 2012
- Kevin L. Jackson, NJVC VP and GM, cloud services
- Katie Lewin, chief of staff for the chief information officer (CIO); and program manager, Cloud Computing Initiative, General Services Administration
- Vadim Smirnoff, program manager and CIO, National Intrepid Center of Excellence, Department of Defense
- Jim Sweeney, chief technology officer (CTO), GTSI
- Fred Whiteside, project manager, cloud computing, National Institute of Standards and Technology; and former director, cyber security operations, Department of Commerce (moderator)
Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Time: 10 – 11 a.m.
Location: Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC
With a focus on information technology automation, NJVC® specializes in supporting highly secure, complex IT enterprises in mission-critical environments, particularly for the intelligence and defense communities. We offer a wide breadth of IT and strategic solutions to our customers, ranging from strategic consulting to managed flexible services in five business areas: Cloud Services, Cyber Security, Data Center Services, IT Services and Print Solutions. Our global workforce includes dedicated and talented employees with 94 percent holding security clearances located at more than 160 customer sites. We partner with our customers to support their missions. To learn more, visit www.njvc.com.